Island Center Hall
8395 Fletcher Bay Road NE
1700 Sq. Ft.
Maximum capacity: 150
This historic hall features hardwood floors, wainscoted walls, traditional ceiling-high windows, and built-in bench seating along each wall. There is a small corner stage with minimal stage lighting. There is a large pull-down projector screen on the front wall, and a piano is available by request. There is also a separate small kitchen space with an apartment sized refrigerator, an electric range, and sink. Electric outlets are minimal: one in the kitchen area, and one in the main hall by the stage. There are two ADA accessible restrooms, and a small “green room” behind the stage. Folding tables and chairs are available on-site. This facility is available to rent when Park District Classes are not in session.
To check rental availability:206-842-2302
For nearly 90 years, Island Center Hall has been a focal point of community activities ranging from dances and community social events, to elections and church services. The one thing it hasn’t been is a school. Island historian Katy Warner says, “Everyone thinks it was a school; it never was a school.” The old Island Center School was actually located on the adjacent property, relocated first to the High School, then to Strawberry Hill Park, and finally to Erikson Avenue where it is now the Historical Society Museum.
Property for Island Center Hall was donated by W.L. Gazzam and his wife Lulu in August of 1913 to the Island Center Improvem
8395 Fletcher Bay Road, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE